We (SkyrocketWP) are a WordPress maintenance and support company based in Tyler, TX, with an entirely remote support team that serves our (almost entirely) U.S.-based clientele.
Our client base is growing steadily and we’re looking for a competent support engineer with exceptional communication skills who can provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via our support system.
We are looking for someone to start immediately!
Our support team works with our customers using chat and email (we use Help Scout for these purposes). As a SkyrocketWP Support Engineer you will:
- Take ownership of issues reported by customers and see problems through to resolution.
- Research, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Work with 3rd-party providers (e.g. plugin & theme developers, Kinsta, etc) to resolve issues.
- Install and configure new plugins and/or themes as needed.
- Document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps for internal use and to extend our Knowledge Base.
- Carefully follow internal documentation to perform website migrations and repair websites infected with malware.
The ideal SkyrocketWP Support Engineer is technically-knowledgeable, upbeat, professional, curious, and self-motivated.
Excellent support is one of the cornerstones of our business. Our clients have come to expect industry-leading support and it’s our pleasure to deliver that to them. As a result, we’re pretty careful about adding new Support Engineers to our team.
We hire Support Engineers with a variety of different areas of expertise – some of us are WordPress developers and others are WordPress enthusiasts who are technically-knowledgeable Internet generalists who have mastered the art of customer service.
All of our Engineers must meet the following core requirements:
- Completely fluent in English with excellent written communication skills.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced and occasionally stressful environment interacting with multiple clients simultaneously while maintaining a professional and friendly tone.
- Our Support Engineers must know WordPress deeply. WordPress is all we build and all we support. While you don’t have to be a full-fledged WordPress developer to be a SkyrocketWP Support Engineer, you do need to know the WordPress dashboard, database and file/directory structure, and wp-config.php file like the back of your hand.
- A basic knowledge of and comfort working with the most popular WordPress themes (Divi, Avada, Pro), frameworks (Genesis), page builders (Divi, Cornerstone, Beaver Builder, Elementor, Visual Composer), and plugins (Yoast, All-in-One SEO).
- Absolute professionalism: we’re a distributed team and we expect you to act like the professional we know you are. That means being a member of the SkyrocketWP team requires excellent communication, rock-solid reliability, the ability to treat (even unpleasant) people with kindness, and the drive to bring your best effort to bear on your work every single day.
- Completely fluent in a second language.
- Deep expertise in PHP, HTML, and/or CSS.
- Prior experience working with customers over chat in a technical role in a fast-paced environment – particularly experience providing live support for WordPress products and/or services.
This is a fully-remote role. Our Support Engineers can work from anywhere they have reliable internet access.
Our people genuinely enjoy each other. Great friendships are born here—even when working remotely.
This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, competitive salary, and opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
If you’re interested, get in touch!